Don't Risk, Check and Check!
Many places you search on googles gives you whole chunks of information. At SimplyEverything i keep it short and simple to understand!
Attempt to obtain sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details (and, indirectly, money),often for malicious reasons, by disguising as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication, Mostly done via Email, Cloned site)
Scams plot by scammers via email sometimes can include phone numbers for you to call.
Phishing emails may contain links to websites that are infected with malware.
You will see it coming from big companies like, “PayPal, Amazon, iTunes, Banks or any website you had registered / subscribed for.”
Remember to never click on any link or hyper-texted words they entered in the email !
Like, using your web cam to take some photos of you browsing the internet / Taking screenshot of your screen
*This is extremely dangerous if you are a high positioned with a blueprint / project which cost millions of dollars*
Hackers will take and sell it to your competitors / black-market and your ideas / blueprint / project is stolen and you can try tracking them, if their Op-Sec is on point you may never find them.
If the hacker was moderating you for awhile you would receive email from services that you subscribed on and they would email you an alert to you asking you do something like re-entering your payment methods, personal information.
This is an example,
Top asked questions.
Will my device be affected if i open a innocent looking email, means just clicking on it ?
- Most viruses / malware, Trojan horses, and worms are activated when you open an attachment or click a link contained in an email message. Unless your email client allows scripting, then it is possible to get a virus by simply opening a message. It’s best to limit what HTML is available in your email messages.
What if you clicked on the link / attachment ?
- Normally it will prompt you to allow Java / Flash or download some stuffs and you computer may be infected with malware if you allowed Java/Flash or download the attachment and executing(opening) it. Without you knowing you are already affected with virus/malware they can do stuffs without you knowing.
Will it happen to my smart devices ? e.g Apple / Samsung / Sony / whatever i am using?
- Yes anything can be affected as long as it a device with WiFi / Bluetooth.
- Never ever open / click / download on anything in the suspicious email and you will be fine.
- You must look out for the companies official information and doing a check before clicking on links / hyperlinked texts.
- Google the email address ! You will surely have results of the email address if its a famous phishing email and you will save time researching.
- If the company provide a hot-line for you to call and check it would be the best option !
- You can view the IP being sent just click “View Original” and view all the information *This is for advance people* “This is for Gmail. You can ask your mail provider how to do it”
- Help the community by sending an email to the official company saying you received a phishing email claiming to be “xxxx company” so they will alert other users / track.
Learn more about Anti Virus and use them to sweep your computer frequently to clear unwanted / suspicious programs.
Share the knowledge with your friends and family!